Definitely bring your costumes and musical instruments!
- Warm Clothes (ie. hats, socks, sweaters, long johns, extra pairs of shoes, gloves, etc.)
- Bedding (bunk beds have vinyl-covered mattresses)
- Toiletries & Towels
- Flashlight/headlamp (particularly for getting to and from the dining hall in the dark)
- Ear Plugs! even if you don't use these for the music, you may want them for sleeping (even in the quiet lodge)
- Picture identification ready to show at the gate
- Extra coosh & bedding for your bed
- Decor & furnishings for your room & lodge common areas
- Snacks or special items you would miss otherwise. These should be kept in the kitchens in the lodges. No nuts!
- Travel mug for coffee or tea outside of the dining hall
- Water bottle
- Extra fabric to screen off your bunk (Only use painters' tape to attach items to the walls, ceilings and other surfaces - No tacks, push-pins or poster tack)
- Musical instruments
- Yoga Mat
- Slip-on Footwear is super handy since many buildings are shoes-off areas
Cash for the ARTISAN MARKET
Our Artisan Market will have artisans bringing one-of-a-kind pieces and handcrafted goodies for your purchase. So bring some CASH to spend on these wonderful creations and support a member of the community!!! Prices vary so please be prepared as there won't be a bank machine on site.
Sometimes it's those extra little touches that make all the difference...
- Tea (mate, herbals, hot chocolate - NO CHAI unless you are 100% sure it is 100% fennel free, see above!)
- Craft supplies, e.g. fabric, paintbrushes, paints, crayons, paper, beads, feathers, crepe paper, glue gun w/glue, scissors... we are going to have a crafting zone set up this where you can craft and create to your heart's desire
- Rugs, Couches, Pillows - Share the coosh!!
- Lamps & Lighting, LED/christmas lights
- Boardgames, Cards
What to Leave Behind!!!
- ANISE/FENNEL/LICORICE: one of our attendees cannot be in the same room as these, life-threatening allergy. These are commonly found in Fisherman's Friends, Chai Tea, other teas, curries, and mixed spices.
- ABSOLUTELY NO NUTS ANYWHERE IN THE CAMP! This is essential to our contract with the camp and the safety of children who will be using the facilities in the future.
- Candles - wax leaves messes that cost us extra for cleanup
- Incense - seriously, no smoke, scent, or vapour of any kind is allowed inside the buildings! this is the number one piece of feedback we get from the camp EVERY year.
- Dogs and other companion animals, unless they are actually a "service animal" (talk to info[at]intentiongathering[dot]org for clarification). Unfortunately, animals--especially dogs--do not always mix well with a large crowd of strange people of all ages. We don't like the idea of having to ask folks who bring animals to keep them tied up at all times, so we ask if you would please leave your non-human friends with others who can love them safely over Intention weekend. Thanks.
- Drugs & Alcohol - As we are are staying at a kids camp, we have reassured the camp that anyone seen with either will be made to leave immediately.
And last, but definitely *not* least, bring your love, cuddles, and urge to dance, express yourself and participate!